Eating Well On Any Budget
Updated: Oct 21, 2020
A lot of people avoid eating healthy because eating junk is more affordable. But the truth is... eating health is absolutely necessary to thrive in this life! Here are a few helpful tips to help you eat healthy on a budget.
1. Remember to use your freezer! Organic frozen food is often times cheaper than fresh produce. I also stock up on frozen fruits and veggies when they are on sale. I also buy organic bananas in bulk to freeze for smoothies.
2. Avoid wasting food! If I make a big batch of soup that I get tired of eating, I place the rest in glass jars and freeze it. I also find it more affordable to cook a whole pasture raised chicken. So I pick off the meat for meals during the week and by the end of the week I either use the bones to cook bone broth right away. Or I freeze the bones along with other food scraps like the ends of celery, carrots, onions, and garlic and use it to make a batch of bone broth when I have more time.
3. Eat BPA free canned foods. I find this most useful when it comes to wild caught salmon. I used canned salmon to make many healthy recipes!
4. Buy whole organic carrots instead of pre-choppered carrots. They are typically cheaper and are easy to cut yourself and divide into glass dishes with hummus for easy snacks!
5. Bring your own grocery bag and clip coupons online. Whole Foods gives you 10 cents back for every grocery bag you bring to reuse! You can also save money at Whole Foods if you have the amazon prime app.
6. Buy less junk food. Honestly... junk food doesn't last long in any house because it's yummy, formulated to be addictive, and leaves you hungry due to empty calories and artificial ingredients. Whole foods are affordable and designed by nature to keep you fuller longer!
More Helpful Links Related To This Post
Free Detox Your Kitchen Mini Course
Free 30 Minute Consultation With Us
The Best Filter For Removing Toxins From Tap Water
**Please note that we make a small commission at no additional charge to you on any products you purchased through our links. We only promote products we personally use and have had a positive impact on our life. Thank you for supporting our small women owned business! We appreciate you!